A little insight into our life...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's been a while...

It's really sad that i don't write on this thing when we are not playing the game, but hey, i guess that is better than only writing once a year like before...

Well a lot has happened since the last time i wrote anything.  We went to the beach for a week, the 4th of July came and went, and we are almost in our house!  I guess i'll go in that order!

I want to start with the beach fiasco we went through.  So, the night before we left to the beach we decided to pack everything into the back of Dave's truck (Dave is Lorin's cousin).  We packed it all in nice and neat, covered it with a cargo net, and went to sleep for the night.  The next morning, we wake up and drive out to the fire station to pick Lorin up and notice that there is a hole in the packing that was NOT there when we packed it!

Yes, our one bag that we fit our ENTIRE wardrobe in minus a few clothes here and there, had been taken out of the back of the truck by who knows who!  Never mind the thousand dollar road bikes, or the brand new air mattress.  Nope, lets take the bag of clothes that probably don't fit and are worth nothing, except to the people that dress in them everyday! So frustrating! I mean, yes, we will get to buy new clothes and I'm sure that will be just grand, but we are buying a house and have no money for clothes at the moment!

Well... everything ended up being awesome at the beach, clothes or no clothes, and we are very grateful for the time we had to take a break from normal life.  That is... until i got stabbed in the foot by a sting ray!! Let me tell ya, it does not feel all that great, in fact, i am still feeling the effects and it has been more than 2 weeks since it happened! After the initial sting, i had a rough time walking, and i wasn't able to put much weight, if not any, onto it.  The life guards told me to stick my foot in HOT HOT water, which helped instantly, but would go back to the original pain when the water cooled off.  I got stung some time around 3 and the pain didn't go away until later that night.  I thought i was done with the stupid thing when the pain went away, but then there was the infection!  My ankle swelled up like crazy as well as my foot and i ended up having to get some antibiotics to bring the swelling down!  It was pretty terrible...  Oh well, I'm better now and have a new found respect for Steve Irwin.

Here are some pictures that i love of the beach and just some fun pictures, I will blog next about the 4th of July, etc. and try to update as many pictures as i can!!















No comments: